The overall objective of the Grenoble INP Foundation is to implement actions contributing to the promotion of the activities of the Grenoble Institute of Technology ( Grenoble INP, its 6 engineering schools and 32 research laboratories) that have a link to socioeconomic initiatives. Through specific actions, the Foundation aims at promoting research, progress in technology and innovation in education, science and industry.
The Grenoble INP Foundation was founded by six members: Schneider Electric, UDIMEC, Grenoble INP, EDF, STMicroelectronics and Grenoble INP – Alumni. It was created to consolidate the model of education, research and innovation of Grenoble INP and to strengthen its position among the world’s best institutes of technology with a strong connection to the industry.
Together with the patrons and corporate partners, the Grenoble INP Foundation acts to provide researchers with the means to succeed at the highest level, to attract the best talents in France, to support growth by focusing on innovation, research and training, and to act for future generations.
Within this context, the Foundation acts to:
- drive excellence in all activities of the Grenoble Institute of Technology.
- accompany Grenoble INP in a public-spirited, joint, and sustainable commitment
- support the actions of Grenoble INP and its industrial partners at the highest international level
- promote the sharing of expertise and competence between Grenoble INP and the socio-economic world
- highlight its educational, scientific and cultural heritage
- strengthen its social policy towards students
- organize and participate in activities aimed to increase the visibility of its founders, its donors and its patrons.
Chairs of the Grenoble INP Foundation
The objective of the industrial chairs of escellence of the Grenoble INP Foundation are to:
- to promote science with strong socio-economic interest
- contribute to the international visibility of excellent French research (and most particularly of the Grenoble INP labs).
What is a chair of the Grenoble INP Foundation? watch the video